One of the features of the new website we are most exited about is a new blogging opportunity for classroom teachers, parents, and early educational advocates in the Educare Seattle community.
Educare of Greater Seattle and Puget Sound Educational Service District are now accepting applications for bloggers to contribute to the conversation and engage with other families, teachers and educators to raise awareness about the value and vital importance of learning during a child’s first five years of life and influence change in practice and policy about how early education programs are created and sustained through social media.
Educare seeks to amplify the voices of distinguished teachers, engaged parents and passionate community members by providing virtual and face-to-face venues for sharing stories and reflections on the impact of early learning on local families and communities. Other benefits for bloggers include:
- Access to high quality, professional learning
- Building a professional learning community
- Earning up to a $900 stipend, based on ability to contribute
- Learning how to blog and use social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter
- No prior experience necessary to apply