Educare Seattle Use of Facility Policy
Educare of Greater Seattle educates parents and early care professionals on how to become agents of change and improve early childhood education at home and in the classroom. To that end, the Educare Seattle facility will provide space for training opportunities for parents, staff, owners and operators of early care and education programs, and business leaders to increase their knowledge of early care and education and/or professional qualifications. By doing so, Educare Seattle helps improve the quality of service and programs available to children throughout the Puget Sound Region.
Educare Seattle is aware of a dual responsibility for making the facility available for community activities beyond training activities for parents, staff, providers and caregivers, and at the same time protecting the Educare investment in its facility. Therefore, use of the Educare Seattle facility will be guided by the following considerations when asked to make the facility for non-early care and education functions, or when additional staff time or expenses are incurred by Educare Seattle.
- Under no circumstances will Educare Seattle funds be made available to underwrite expenses incurred as a result of the use of facilities for non-Educare activities. To do so would deprive the educational program of funds and put the Board in a position of subsidizing non-Educare related activities. Therefore, a fee sufficient to cover costs may be assessed for the use of the Educare Facility. Donations are welcomed and very much appreciated.
Rooms and Setup
- No requests can be made on the day of the meeting/event. We are not able to accommodate changes in room arrangements.
- We can not supply last minute office supplies (such as copies or printing) or equipment requests (including usage of copiers, computers, and printers).
- Our onsite support staff cannot provide any technical assistance, we currently do not have this capacity.
- Children are not allowed during meetings/events.
- Standard set-up time allows 30 minutes prior to event for group to get into room to get ready for event.
- All reserved rooms must be vacated by 5:00pm.
- Any use of the meeting room that disturbs regular operations of Educare is not permitted.
- Groups may not advertise that meetings are sponsored, co-sponsored or approved by Educare or Puget Sound Educational Service District unless written permission is previously given by the respective organization(s). Educare management has the authority to accept or reject requests for use of the meeting room(s).
- The character of the activity will conform to the description in the application.
- Attendance must not exceed the posted capacity of the meeting room. Small groups may be asked to move to a smaller room if one is available.
- Groups must provide Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations when requested.
- Groups are responsible for taking care of the meeting room and are held responsible for any damage incurred.
- Educare is a smoke-free/alcohol free building. Alcoholic beverages may not be served or consumed on Educare property. Smoking is not permitted in the building, parking garage, parking lot or outdoor play spaces.
- After using a meeting room, chairs must be stacked and garbage thrown away.
- Tours of the Educare building must be scheduled in advance. To schedule a tour, please contact Kellie Morrill, email@example.com.
Food (if applicable)
- At the end of the meeting the group is responsible for disposing of all food and garbage.
- We do not supply food or snacks.
- Educare does not provide plates, utensils or serving bowls.
- Due to children’s food allergies and/or families religious beliefs, Educare is a no peanut/pork free zone. Please honor this center policy request when planning to bring food into the center.
- Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks prior (10 business days) to the date of the event/meeting.
- We expect at least 24 hours’ notice for cancelations.
- Educare may close due to weather conditions. If Educare is closed, all meetings/events are cancelled.
|Available Room Information|
Professional Development Room
|Classroom seating (with tables)||30||15|
|Special Notes||2 dry erase boards||1 dry erase board|
Room Setup Options
- Table “pods” with 6-8 chairs
- Tables in rows with chairs on one side
- Square or U-shape tables w/chairs
- LCD SCREEN (50” SCREEN)
- WIRELESS INTERNET